2009年4月5日 星期日

I'll keep inventing salad dressing!!



Sometimes I can't help feeling sorry for the bruised pears & peaches in supermarkets; nobody touches them & the more the touches they receive, the higher the likelihood they'll end up in the rubbish bin. :-(

Then I bought a pack of peaches yesterday & found 2 of them bruised. Excessively bruised peaches could be too sweet & soggy & detesting; a friend told me she feels nauseated just looking at them... . BUT to save bruised peaches fr their rubbish bin destiny, I 'invented' this dressing (we're NOT talking about peaches that have turned bad, just bruised; so DON'T complain to me for a tummy ache out of insensible judgment... :-P ), which is actually a variation of my usual honey+ balsamic vinegar dressing:

peaches into large slices+ 1/2 spoonful of honey/ maple syrup (or anything that is thick)+ your preferred amount of balsamic vinegar

Excessive manipulation gives sogginess & your salad may end up too watery, so prepare this dressing w/ minimal stirring after all the washing & chopping & cutting of the vegies. To add to richness of taste (ie. not just sweet & sour) add in salt & medley grinds of pepper; in fact, I do think the pepper is the key to perfection here.

This photo was taken when I spent my last month in Hong Kong in Lantau & found a COMPLETE collection of Peanuts at the public library there, which is just off the street corner fr our place. So I spent almost every day devouring both my salads & the Peanuts :-9 WM.

1 則留言:

  1. WM,

    Your invention is great (bruised pears say thank you)! I discovered that fresh pear and carrot juice is really soothing. Good for you in the morning ,or when you feel tired. You could then use up all your bruised pears.

    warmest regards,
    PL from HK

    回覆刪除