2009年3月19日 星期四

My Little Wonders of my Wanders-- my life as a (bystanding) Australian-1




The 1st experience that I feel in my body upon my setting feet on this place is: Hey! My body SLOWS-s-ss-z-zzz do-w-n & that includes my brain. Everything goes slow: the bank queue, the supermarket queue, the carpark pay-up queue & people's brain waves *_* Of course I knew it & love that.

This is well exemplifed by my landlady-- the most frequent type of sentences fr her mouth is a question:
"I don't get that... ; can U say that again?"
"hmmm, I'm not sure I understand. Why is it that?"
The strangest bit is: these can come 3 days after the initial issue or 10 times after I've said the same thing, if not 20.
I'm going to take that as the best coaching & training for my endurance & patience; I surely need that for my personal aspiration :-)

There was one time when I wonder how on earth she's going to any movie cos she'll have NO chance to understand any storyline... . And indeed, once we're talking about movies when she said, "oh, I've not been to one since long; I never understand what's going on... ." :-)

Closeby the place I stay is a small park of trees & children's play area but all the time I've been there, the place looks lonely: just me & the birds. Know how it feels walking on newly lawned grass the 1st thing in the morning? Let me tell U: like walking on CLOUDS. It's springy, bouncy & WET from the morning dew. It feels so good that I can't help my urge to do that walk every other day. Evening walk? Well, it could be too chilly this time of the year.

I went to the long endless strip of beach, the Lady Robinsons Beach, along Brighton-Le-Sands a couple of times & each time a little nice surprise. This beach is way way long, extending 5-6 subsurbs, meaning quite a couple of train stations in distance. It is said that the water is too cold to swim. There's a fishing gentleman there feeding the gulls that flocks hovered at this spot & what a scene. See the strait opening at the far open end of the gulf on the picture? If U turn your head to the left, that arm of the strait opening is actually the airport & U can actually see planes landing & taking over, cool!

Let me tell U more about Australian PLANTS next time we are here :-) WM.

COMING UP: Australian plants.

1 則留言:

  1. You've turned over a new leaf in life. And you are happy!

    Slowing down is good. Sometimes, we run too fast and miss something in our life journey.

    Regards,

    Karen

    回覆刪除